Sunday 10 August, 2008

Journey to Antwerp - Part 1

Date: Saturday, 9th August 2008
Time: 0500 hours (yes, I've seen this time on the clock before, but usually in the evening)
Location: Bangalore


Force myself to wake up and start packing. Seeing as how I've been systematically putting it off till the last moment, there's plenty to be done.


A quick round of furious ironing later (by which time the sun has come up to shine on a very rainy Bangalore morning), have all clothes neatly stacked and ready to pack. Finished, you say? No way! Still need to buy the stuff that I'd promised my new roommate I'd get him from India. A mad rush to the local Big Bazaar later, stare in despair at the load of things waiting to be packed neatly into the 2 bags I have bought for the purpose.


Funnily enough, the taxi (an EasyCab, one of these new fangled ones that you can order online and so appealed greatly to me) arrives half an hour early than when I'd requested it for. Decide to leave for the airport anyway, since there's nothing to be gained by remaining at home. But here, the Bangalore traffic, for which I'd so liberally accounted, fails me. Who knew that roads would be so deserted, even on a Saturday evening? I zip though to the airport with loads of time to spare, which leaves me with no option other than to walk around the terminal a few times.


Note to self: Having a can of chilled coke before what turns out to be a rather turbulent flight to Mumbai is a real bad idea.


Anyway, stage 1 of my 3 part journey to Antwerp is completed as I land at Mumbai airport.

No comments: